Friday, October 21, 2011

Be Inspired to Let Go ...

So much for my weekly commitment to my blog ... a 4 day repair at Apple (love them, love them, by the way ... excused.), 2 little boys requiring my entertainment day & night (this is my first priority ... excused.) and the list goes on.  Excuses, excuses.  We all have them.

Regardless of the numerous excuses/reasons, I am here now posting TODAY.  My children have been home sick with strep, day three, which has given me a little extra time to do:

more laundry  more dishes  more yoga  more organizing  more lego building
more movie watching  more hugs & kisses  more sleep

I have come to the realization that I will never complete all tasks in my life and I am okay with this.  Someone told me this recently.  He was right.  A much older man who worked full time & was a full time single dad of three young children.  We spend all our life running from here to there, sun up to sun down, some days it is necessary, others we should "let go" of some laundry, unloading the dishwasher, writing thank you notes (call or email), send an evite instead of mailing invitations (the green thing to do), take a longer shower or bath, watch an entire movie with your children (without your phone or a magazine in hand).

It is difficult, trust me, I live it.  Little by little, I have learned and accepted to "let go" of many things.  Focus on the more important things in life like spending time with the ones you LOVE, spending time for yourself and don't worry if others judge you.  Now, don't let the laundry and dishes pile up for a week or let yourself go, but you get the idea.  Sit down for 15 minutes a day and do nothing, try it.  If you cannot sit still, try yoga.
 

... you'll be with me, like a hand print on my heart...

Here's a spontaneous moment to share.  A few weeks ago, we were on a walk and passed a smooth patch of fine gray dirt (I am sure it was powered cement).  I put my hand down, then each of my boys did the same, without any instruction.  A peaceful moment.  They both said as I thought in my head "take a picture!"  Imagine that.  After seeing this photo, inspiration came to me to create something similar in a form of art that will we do soon.

Mothers of little boys work from son up till son down! -Author Unknown 
My Mom took this shot of us over the summer.  Smiles all around.

 I have many other photos to share and will do so very soon.  Here's a sneak peak of a few recent shoots.  I have a few on the calendar and many more to schedule.  My dream is slowly emerging ... to do what I am passionate about, capturing memories for others to treasure and inspire all. 

Mom & Son ... what sweet love they share.
What love this one shares for that GIANT lollipop I gave her.

And, my oldest, loving the freedom on the beach.

Until next time.

Be Inspired, Ali

1 comment: