Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happiness, good health, love, growth, balance ... one or all!

1.1.11

It's here, the year 2011, a new year, a new decade.  Another year has gone, resolutions made, promises made.  Why can't we just ask for the New Year to bring us one or all of these ... happiness, good health, love, growth, balance?  No 2011 resolution for me this year.  Instead, I composed a private list of things to live by and personal & business goals I'd like to achieve.

After surviving rejection, betrayals (yes, more than one), the loss of my grandfather, court, mediation, divorce, lost friendships (some by choice, some not), moving, privacy in my personal life, returning to work full time, new relationship struggles, heartache AND facing the fear of being alone without my children on Christmas, all within the past 2 1/2 years, I feel stronger, wiser, more educated, have learned some lessons and grown some in the process.  I still have a ways to go.  But, this is good, very good.

I am grateful to many people AND one friend who has educated me on many things in life, real life, and who kept me grounded through my journey.  Standing by me on good days and bad, mood swings and all (yes, I admit to the world I am moody), who gave me tough love when I needed it, I didn't want it, but no choice.  Some people enter your life or may re-enter your life for a short time or may be in your life for an eternity, this person made a difference in my life when I needed it most.  People come, people go ...  it reminds me of the quote, "Some people come into our lives and quickly go.  Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts.  And we are never, ever the same."  Thank you.

I have reconnected with friends from my childhood through college and have met new friends, many who have given me positive energy, inspiration, encouragement, support and love.  Ones who have survived tragedy, divorce, cancer, illness, loss of a child, sibling, parent or spouse.  I have become closer to some family members and long time friends and distant from many.
*

Today
will be spent with my children, as we were miles apart last year.  They are on the mend from strep and we are ready to be together outdoors and later cheering on the Florida Gators.  Last New Year I was surrounded by snow with a very warm heart, full of love.  A blue moon above.  Keeping those memories close to my heart.

1.11.11 I turn forty, 40!  "Life begins at forty." -W. B. Pitkin

I have exciting plans for my photography this year, taking it slow, planning, a name change is in the works.  Anyone who would like to email me thoughts or suggestions, please feel free to get creative on me!  I've been thinking of a new name to replace "Be Inspired" for some time.  I plan to use these words within my business (tag line) however want to change the actual name for trademarking purposes.  Suggestions, comments, thoughts or ideas are always welcome.  Thanks for your continued support as I live my dream of photography (on the weekends now), but part time is better than NO time. 

I am wishing each of you happiness, good health, love, growth, balance ... one or all in 2011.  Follow your passions and dreams, make each day count, no matter your age.

"Here’s to the bright New Year, and a fond farewell to the old; here’s to the things that are yet to come, and to the memories that we hold." - author unknown

Be Inspired ... and HAPPY NEW YEAR,  Ali

2 comments:

  1. Hi sweet Ali! HAPPY 40th BIRTHDAY and HAPPY NEW YEAR! What a post!
    May God bless you and the boys for a healthy, blessed and fruitful year!
    xoxo,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caroline Simas, thank you! You are one of those friends, as you already know, who have inspired me. Happy New Year, C. I am missing your blog however looking forward to your return. Wishing you continued happiness, love and Multiple Blessings business success in 2011. Your business exploded in 2010, girl! xo

    ReplyDelete