Monday, July 26, 2010

I love the outdoors ... even in this HEAT WAVE!

If you are in Charlotte, NC, you know it is steamy hot!  It's been a hot summer for most of the U.S.  The beads of sweat form as soon as we emerge from the nice cool a/c.  My little ones do not seem to mind and I am just "biting my lip" not to complain!  I get dressed, do my hair, put on some make up and the heat hits me like a wool blanket!  I am sweating, so by the time we are to our destination, my hair is pulled back and I have to spritz myself with my favorite GAP BODY pink grapefruit spray (I always have this in my bag).  Ahhhh.  I can't dare complain in front of my boys that Mommy is very uncomfortable.  I think ... the sun is shining, the clouds are beautiful, the heat actually feels good on my skin and I have to be sweating out some toxins ... it's all good.  I'm alive and healthy and so are my precious gifts, Jack & Matthew.

The other day we took the morning off and visited a friends produce farm.  It is a hidden secret in Charlotte.  Needless to say, after exploring the garden and property, my boys hopped upon an old Ford tractor, no longer running, but soooo much fun!  It was the highlight of the visit.


Matthew (4 1/2)
Jack (6)
Laughing at one another.
I am sure we can get this thing started.
Hmmm ...
Hot and tired.
We then visited our friends produce stand a few miles away to show the boys where they sell the produce. 

We got one of these ... SWEET!
NC Maters!
Shuck that corn!



A HOT, yet memorable morning.  Buy local and support the local produce farmers.

Be Inspired, as always ... Ali
 

No comments:

Post a Comment