Tuesday, March 23, 2010

You don't take a photograph, you make it. - Ansel Adams

I believe that you do make a photograph.  When shooting still photography, I always look through my lens and view am object ... a tree, fence, barn, bench or whatever it may be through the lens before capturing it.  When I photograph people, especially children, I observe them first and then snap away!  I love photographing children and families because as they interact with one another, they tend to smile naturally and their personalities come out.  I don't care for posed photos.  Candid shots are so REAL to me and they tell a story.  I get more and more inspired after I get home and view them on my computer.  It's as if I am reliving the photo shoot all over again.  I smile as I look at each photo and remember what we talked about.  I ask children to tell me a story while I take their photos.  My subjects are always rewarded in the end ... they can make a silly face for the LAST photo.  Ha.  No lollipops or chocolate ... a crazy, silly face and they have fun.  That's my reward.

I hope you were Inspired by someone today or you Inspired someone yourself.

Always Be Inspired, Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment